Saturday, April 12, 2008

The List Of Shame

That's right....I, the film major, the movie buff, Johnny Popcorn, have never seen these classics. Judge, gasp in dismay or say 'My word!' as your monocle falls off in shock.

The African Queen
Aliens
Amadeus
The Apartment
Apocalypse Now
The Bad News Bears (the original)
Ben-Hur
The Breakfast Club
Bridge on the River Kwai
Bull Durham
Cool Hand Luke
Das Boot
Dog Day Afternoon
The English Patient
The Exorcist
Godfather Part II
Godfather Part III
Gone With The Wind
The Goonies
The Great Dictator
Hamlet (the Olivier version and the Mel Gibson version)
The Hustler
North by Northwest
O Brother Where Art Thou?
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (though I have read the book)
Rocky II
Rocky III
Rocky IV
Say Anything
Schindler's List
The Sound of Music
Stand By Me
Sunset Boulevard
Toy Story II
Twelve Monkeys

2 comments:

Hal Incandenza said...

Shuk, I have to hand it to you, this is a terrific idea for a post (that I'll have to steal at some point).

The major ones (i.e. classics) I have in common with you: The Apartment, The Hustler, both Hamlets, The Great Dictator, The English Patient, DDA, Schindler's List, Singin' in the Rain, The Sound of Music, and Sunset Boulevard (though, unfortunately, not Sunset Park--shudder).

My most egregious omission is probably The Wizard of Oz.

The biggest shockers for me (all of which, I'm sorry, require elaboration): Twelve Mokeys, Toy Story II, Rocky IV, North by Northwest, Goonies, O Broher, Godfather II, Bull Durham, Bad News Bears.

In the words of Kyle Broflovski: "really??"

Emmett Macfarlane said...

Wait a minute... you've never seen Aliens? or the Goonies? THE FREAKIN' GOONIES?!?!? Screw the old classics like Gone with the Wind. How can you not have caught the Breakfast Club on TBS at somepoint in the last 10 years?

I'm having a hard time believing this.