Sunday, May 12, 2013

Brush With Greatness UPDATE

Hey, I can remove those quotation marks

Seeing Kit "Jon Snow" Harington at a recent Maple Leafs playoff match sparked my curiosity about that old Brush With Greatness from March, so I did a bit of Googling.  (Which, frankly, I should've done in the first place.)  It turns out that Rose Leslie was indeed in Toronto that week, as part of a Game Of Thrones exhibit at the Design Exchange.  Since she and Harington are a couple in real life as well as on the show, it stands to reason that he accompanied her to town and then enjoyed the city so much that he decided to return for a Leafs game a couple of months later.

So yeah, I can now stand with confidence that it was a legitimate Brush With Greatness.  Clearly I should've stopped my car in the middle of traffic and rushed over to get autographs, pictures, probably a voicemail recording for my phone and a restraining order.

No comments: