Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Hot! Live! Music!

Tom Cochrane, "I Wish You Well"
Yay Canadian content!

Postmodern Jukebox and Emily West, "Only One"
There's about a 30 percent chance I just shut down this blog entirely and turn it into a Postmodern Jukebox fan page.  This might be my favourite cover yet.  Bonus points to Emily delivering the best rendition of this song by anyone with the last name West.

Bruce Springsteen, "Rebel Rebel"
The latest E Street Band tour is based around playing 'The River' in its entirety.  Since it's a 20-song record and it's not one of my absolute favourite Springsteen albums, I decided to pass on seeing the show since I felt it would kinda detract from the "Bruce could play literally song in his repertoire next" feeling, one of my favourite elements of seeing the Boss live.  I immediately regretted this decision about five minutes after the tickets stopped going on sale, and I've been kicking myself ever since.  I am a moron.

Greg Dulli, "Modern Love"
While we're on the subject of Bowie covers, here's a really interesting take on my favourite Bowie song.  It changes the melody and completely removes the original's awesome driving momentum...yet it's still a good song.  Really cool arrangement here from Dulli.

No comments: