Sunday, June 01, 2008

iTunes Most Popular

Man, if I want to keep up this streak of at least 10 posts per month, I'd better get cracking. I just discovered this 'most played' tracklist option on iTunes, so I thought I'd share it with you. I almost always shuffle my playlist, so this is purely a list of which songs were randomly selected the most often by the Skynet-esque brain of my iTunes player.

* The Fly, U2
* Wouldn't It Be Nice, Beach Boys
* Walk Idiot Walk, The Hives
* Stay, U2
* Burning Love, Elvis
* A Little Less Conversation, Elvis/JXL
* Hey Hey What Can I Do, Led Zeppelin
* Wuthering Heights, Kate Bush (this one surprised me...I think I've listened to this one maybe three times total. Am I forgetting a dozen other instances when I skipped ahead to the next track?)
* Memento Mori, The Streets
* Discotheque, U2
* Mysterious Ways, U2
* Babylon, David Gray
* Trying To Pull Myself Away, Glen Hansard (a.k.a. the guy from Once)
* Mrs. Leroy Brown, Loretta Lynn
* ABC, Jackson Five
* Friend of Mine, Lily Allen
* The Everlasting Gaze, Smashing Pumpkins
* Old Man & Me, Hootie & The Blowfish
* Shotgun, Junior Walker
* So Cruel, U2
* We Will Rock You, Queen
* Falling Slowly, Marketa Irglova and Glen Hansard
* Hey Hey What Can I Do, Hootie & The Blowfish (what are the odds of both the original and the cover being in the top 25 out of nearly 1000 songs?)
* Gone, Pearl Jam
* A Martyr For My Love For You, White Stripes

1 comment:

RT Murphy said...

What I find most amazing is that you have only a thousand songs on iTunes. Such restraint.