Saturday, April 29, 2017

Reset

As per the unbreakable laws of a social media meme, I must...
1. Put your iTunes/iPod/Spotify playlist etc. on shuffle or random.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!
4. (Make a snarky comment about the song choice!)


1 ) IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY”, YOU SAY?
Automatic Flowers (this actually sounds like plausible slang, I'll try to make this catch on)

2 ) WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Hawkmoon 269 (uh...yes?....)

3 ) WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Hey Jude (ooh, gender neutral name for the gender neutral question!)

4 ) HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Vaccination Scar (I've always been afraid of needles, so maybe I have *emotional* scars from my childhood vaccinations?  Thanks for nothing, whatever my pediatrician's name was!)

5 ) WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?
Love Ain't for Keeping (so I'm destined to be alone?  Math checks out!)

6 ) WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Want And Able (well, at the least the first half is right)

7 ) WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Girl With One Eye ("Mark is the best female cyclops I know."  "He's also the best female cyclops 'eye' know."  "Our mutual love of awful puns must be why we're such good friends with Mark.")

8 ) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS?
Yellow Ledbetter (I dunno about this one, my feelings about my parents aren't incomprehensible gibberish)

9 ) WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
A Day In The Life (technically 100% accurate)

10 ) WHAT IS 2+2?
Special Occasion (as in, a special occasion 4 a party!  I should get a job writing Smokey Robinson-themed e-vites.)

11 ) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Heartbreak Stroll (geez, this seems ominous, and not just because my BFF knows how much I hate walking)

12 ) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Angel Doll (I'd say this was also very accurate, though it's a bit of a layup.  I mean, half the songs ever written have titles saluting someone they love Also, my secret crush works for a toy company that makes David Boreanaz action figures.)

13 ) WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Hot Knife (no no iTunes, it asked for a life story, not a knife story)

14 ) WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Feral (hahahahahahahahaha)(I'd love to be Will Ferrell when I grow up!)

15 ) WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Be Still (accurate!  I just stand there and let the Homer and Abe Simpson "you've got to play it cool" song run through my head.  My crush, meanwhile, wonders why I've become a living statue and walks away in confusion.  It would be upsetting if my crush weren't a T-Rex, so really, my life was saved.)

16 ) WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Isn't It A Pity (what the hell, Mom and Dad?!  Well, Yellow Ledbetter right back atcha!)

17 ) WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
Blip On A Screen (I'm not sure my future spouse will sign off on any Streets songs in our wedding reception mix.  Then again, maybe the meme question is literal and I'll literally be dancing to a blip on a screen.  Does this mean I hire a robot DJ?  Is my entire wedding taking place in the Matrix?)

18 ) WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
People Like Us (I do find people like me to be fascinating, mostly because I'm so fascinating.  My hobby is being humble!)

19 ) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
God Makes No Mistakes (see, whereas my folks openly throw shade at me, I put down my friends with much more subtlety.

20 ) WHAT’S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN?
Barry Bonds (one of the few entries on this list that made me legitimately laugh out loudWho knew I had such strong feelings about the sanctity of the baseball record book?)

21 ) HOW WILL YOU DIE?
Like A Rolling Stone (note to self: don't go near any cliffs)

22 ) WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET?
Another One Bites The Dust ("Mark, did you just confess to murder on your blog?"  "No, I swear, it was just a meme!"  "Boys, I think we can close the book on every unsolved murder in New York's history.")

23 ) WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
Gotta Stay High (stoners and tightrope walkers are both hilarious)

24 ) WHAT MAKES YOU CRY?
Tunnel Of Love (this is more of a wistful song than an outright sad one from ol' Bruce, though I suspect his alimony checks might argue otherwise.  For me, I'm scared of actual tunnel of love rides.  Stuck on a boat in fetid darkness in virtual darkness?  No thanks.)

25 ) WILL YOU EVER GET MARRIED?
Talk To Me (this sounds like the beginning of a Who's On First routine)

26 ) WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST?
Reach Out I'll Be There (ahhhh, a disembodied hand!)

27 ) DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU?
Maggie's Farm (I know of at least two Maggies that like me, so the math checks out.)

28 ) IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
This Flight Tonight (only if I was flying United.  Zing, timely humour!)

29 ) WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW?
First Week/Last Week...Carefree (last week was actually pretty good, though my first week in existence was probably pretty painful.  All that bright light!  I miss the womb!)

30 ) WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
Reset

No comments: