Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm Going To Be On TV! So, Like, Watch!

Tune in to CBC this Sunday at 8 PM for Test the Nation, starring....me! Ok, me and about 190 other people. The theme for this one is sports trivia, so naturally my friend Molly (a PA at the CBC) contacted ol' sports-lovin' me to ask if I'd like to be on the 'armchair athletes' (fans) team. The show was taped in late March, and it was a real blast. I'd give more details, but I signed a non-disclosure agreement as part of appearing on the program, so a more detailed blog post about the experience will be coming after the show airs. If I spilled any details now, the CBC would send Red Green to my house to duct-tape my orifices shut. Then he'd tape my stick to the ice, if you catch my drift, so I'd be helpless while Harold mercilessly beat me with his shoulder-strapped control panel. They're a violent bunch up at Possum Lodge.

Keep an eye out for me in the back row of the Armchair Athletes' team, second from the left wearing a Montreal Expos jersey and a Quebec Nordiques toque. In hindsight, I'm not really sure why my clothing theme was "defunct Quebec sports franchises," but so be it. The only thing missing from my ensemble was Montreal Maroons boxer shorts.

No comments: